Saturday 1 December 2012

On Blasts that may be from the Past

I was having a conversation with my girlfriend's family over dinner and the topic of old technology came up.  We were talking about how they took courses where they programmed computers with punch cards and ticker tape back when they were in university when a completely unexpected fact arose.  My girlfriend has more gaming cred than I do.

You see, her father said that her old Famicom system was still in storage in their basement.  They all went on to describe this fully kitted out system had over 100 games with it in storage for the Famicom Disk System.  Fast forward to her bringing it back to her apartment and setting it up and testing it.  Unfortunately the disk system appears to be broken, but the Famicom itself is intact and working as shown above.

Now all I need to do is find a good tutorial online for how to fix a buzzing Famicom Disk System.

No comments:

Post a Comment